Squiga's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Squiga, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Squiga

Squiga New Member

1) Minecraft username: Squiga
    2) Discord username: Squiga #3806
    3) Timezone / Country: Central Timezone / United States
    4) Age: 18
    5) What languages do you know: I am fluent in both English and Spanish, I just recently completed my courses to receive a Minor in Spanish when I graduate from College.
    6) How active can you be on TheMcZone (please list the times you can be on every day)
    Monday:
    4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
    Tuesday: 10:00 am - 11:45 am , 6:45 pm - 11:30 pm
    Wednesday: 10:00 am - 11:45 am , 4:30 pm - 11:30 pm
    Thursday: 10:00 am - 11:45 am , 6:45 pm - 11:30 pm
    Friday: 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
    Saturday: 1:00 pm - 11:30 pm
    Sunday: 6:00 am - 11:30 am, 4:00 pm - 10:30 pm
    7) What's your current playtime on the server? (Use /playtime get <username> to find out) You must have at least 5 hours playtime to apply: My playtime is currently 15 hours and 21 minutes.
    8) Do you have any previous experience? If so, list it here: Yes, I do have some experience regarding being a staff member and running a server. When I was 15, I became staff in a server called Revalion which was up and running for around 5 years. It was a creative server as well as a Factions server. I was a Builder as well as a Moderator for quite some time. After the server shut down, I contacted the owner and he sent me the server files. I then ran the server for around a year before I got really busy with my junior year of High School and was forced to shut it down. During this experience, I learned how to do basic Java coding and learned my ways around server management as well as quickly identifying hacked clients and other forms of cheating methods. I have also built several spawns some small servers and am willing to do some building around the server. Since I took a break from Minecraft for the past year I feel re-energized and ready to help run a server and watch it grow. If you would like me to show you some of my builds, let me know on Discord and I will show them to you.
    9) Why should be choose you over someone else? One of the major reasons that I believe that I would be a good addition to the server is because of my past experiences. While I understand this server is looking for the best of the best, I would like to mention that I am extremely friendly, easy to talk to, and when it comes down to it, I will get serious when the times needs me too. I have many skills that would help the server grow. For example, I am skilled at setting permissions and have experience with plugins, I am efficient with world edit and know my way around VoxxelSniper. I have coded a plugin regarding Faction flight before, and although it was a pain, I managed to get it done. I am willing to slowly climb the staff ladder and let myself be as helpful as I can be to ease out the load off of the other staff's shoulders. When it comes to getting the job done, you should be convinced that I will figure it out and manage to pull through. I am also willing to humble myself and be guided accordingly by my superiors, but, with all due respect, I will also speak up when I see something that needs to be fixed. I work extremely well under pressure and enjoy working with others as a team. When there is a problem between two team members, I am quick to back down from an argument and stay quiet. In order to prevent any major issues from surging. I am extremely patient with others and I always remember that respect comes first.
    10) Anything else we should know: Another important skill that I have that I haven't mentioned is that I am a certified Graphic Designer. I am certified in both Illustrator and Photoshop. I can make logos, edit images, or design webpages. I can also manage social media accounts to advertise and am willing to create art for the Discord server, the forums or anything else you might need.