Rayyme - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Nookly, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Nookly

Nookly New Member

1) Minecraft username:
    Rayyme
    2) Discord username:
    Rayyme#5452
    3) Timezone / Country:
    I live in the United States. My timezone is UTC-5:00 (EST)
    4) Age:
    I am 16 years old
    5) What languages do you know:
    Only english
    6) How active can you be on TheMcZone (please list the times you can be on every day)
    I can allocate the following time per day to TheMcZone:
    Monday:
    3 hours
    Tuesday: 3 hours
    Wednesday: 3 hours
    Thursday: 3 hours
    Friday: 3-5 hours
    Saturday: 4-5 hours
    Sunday: 4-5 hours
    7) What's your current playtime on the server? (Use /playtime get <username> to find out) You must have at least 5 hours playtime to apply:
    I know my playtime looks VERY low, but if you look at my old IGN, Nookly, I have over 32 hours on TheMcZone
    Proof of IGN:
    upload_2019-10-26_19-42-25.png
    8) Do you have any previous experience? If so, list it here:

Yes, actually. I was a moderator for three months on a server called MCW Network.
    9) Why should be choose you over someone else?
    I have experience and I have played on the server for a long time. I also know some of the admins and the owner. I think I have alot of things that others don't, for example patience and friendly banter.
    10) Anything else we should know:
    If you have any questions, add me on discord and send them.

Thank you for considering me for this position on TheMcZone.

2. Puffin

Puffin New Member
    Helper

Hello, I am not a staff member but I do have a tip for you. Try and add some more detail to your previous moderating experience, for example dates and how long you were there, if you had a good reputation and things like that.

3. Stxq

Stxq New Member

To add on to this, add what you learnt there and how it could benefit TheMCZone. Otherwise I would only suggest adding more detail for questions like "Why should we choose you over someone else?"

Good luck!

- Stxq

4. Crqma

Crqma New Member
    Staff Member Helper

+1 Great spelling, punctuation, and grammar! Please just add a bit more detail to your staff application. Nonetheless, good luck! :)

5. Nookly

Nookly New Member

Been a little inactive lately, but here are some responses to your questions!

My previous moderating experience was on a server called MCW Network. At its peak, it had reached 1,000 players. It was a cracked server, run by a very protective owner, and it would eventually die off due to the lack of funding.
    I had submitted SIX staff applications in order to have a chance at MCW (please note I was very young when submitting these applications so they probably weren't good). I got accepted on my fifth and sixth, and passed the test and got my rank after the sixth. I moderated for two or three months until I would eventually resign.
    As for reputation, I wouldn't say it was the best. As I mentioned before, I was pretty young when I played on MCW and I tended to make jokes about serious topics and have a very toxic and obnoxious attitude.

I hope that answers your questions, and thank you for the support!

I learned a lot of things from my time at MCW. I learned how to properly talk to people when you're speaking from just a screen, and how important it was to keep a good history. On top of that, I obviously learned basic staff commands and procedures, like screen sharing.
    This helps TheMCZone because I genuinely have the experience that others may not.

As for "Why should we choose you over someone else", I'd honestly say experience. I know how to carry myself, and I know when to banter and when not to.

I'm not going to go back and edit the original application, but I have cleared the story a lot from this reply!