EonSmokeStik's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Eon, Oct 19, 2019.

?

Am I a good fit for the staff team?

1. Yeah.

2. No. (If so please let me know why in the replies)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Eon

Eon New Member

Proof that this is my application

1) Minecraft Username:

EonSmokeStik

2) Discord username:

Beim#1789

3) Timezone / Country:

EST Timezone United States Of America

4) Age:

17 Years of Age

5) What languages do you know:

English and Spanish

6) How active can you be on TheMcZone (please list the times you can be on every day)

Monday: 3:30PM-5:00PM Then 7:30-9:00
    Tuesday: 3:30PM-5:00PM Then 7:30-9:00
    Wednesday: 3:30PM-5:00PM Then 7:30-9:00
    Thursday: 3:30PM-5:00PM Then 7:30-9:00
    Friday: 3:30PM-5:00PM Then 7:30-10:30
    Saturday: 9:00AM-1:00PM
    Sunday: 9:00AM-11:00AM

7) What's your current playtime on the server?
    You must have at least 5 hours playtime to apply:

8 Hours

8) Do you have any previous experience? If so, list it here:

I am currently helper on a server called DripMC
    (Applied 10/12/19)
    (Promoted to Helper 10/13/19)

Before i was ever staff I first applied for a server called OPCraft (Like 4 Years Ago) I was bummed out that I didn't get the role of staff on that server OPCraft I applied for. I still did my best to carry on those traits as staff even though I was a non-staff ranked player. I like to always stay on the positive side, instead of being negative all the time.

9) Why should we choose you over someone else?

I have been playing Minecraft for a while and I know how it works. I believe I am a great candidate for this role because, I can help by helping to manage the forums and watching discord and also watching the chat, to see if anyone needs help or someone breaking the chat/server rules. And I've been on servers before that have had rude people and I have been able to keep my cool. Which has made me learn how to deal with other players on the server that had those rude players just in case there are some of those players. I'm always happy to help people even if they are really rude to me, I don't get mad a lot like some other people, I don't resign without a reason. All the work that I do, I am always working to my best abilities. I have never let down someone in the community, who is unable to attend to their needs and is in need of someone to be capable of them and understand them. I am very efficient and experienced when I do my work. I always get it done and do it fast, but understand as I'm going through it. I show great amount of respect and responsibility when it comes to working for something that needs trust. I am really good at regulating rules I know how to follow the rules, and how to properly issue punishments. I already do many things that would help me qualify for the helper rank. The staff on the server is great but they could use a bit more help. Meaning more support just more work members. I have been seeing more players get accepted as staff so I hope that could help out the situation of the staff needing more support, hopefully, I could be one of those players who get accepted as staff. But most of all I am understanding of all of the rules and things that aren't allowed listed below I have already listed everything that qualifies me above except for the one that qualifies me the most which is much I love this server and want to see it succeed. I do think that out of everything I have typed that this reason makes me the best candidate for this position. I do my best to be a leader and not a follower. Being a leader makes me feel good about my self, to be honest. Even though I don't have previous experience as being staff, this server would be a great place to start my staff career! There have been multiple situations that have motivated me to apply for staff. I wouldn't want to be helper just to brag about my awesome prefix. I mean, sure being a helper would be great, but It's also quite a difficult job. Being staff is to catch people who don't abide by the TheMCzone Guidelines and Rules. I promise if I get accepted as staff, the number of cheaters and people that don't abide by the rules will decrease A LOT. My strengths are that I'm a very fast learner, and I am also able to multitask at once, its a unique attribute of mine! Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect. But I know that I will do everything in my power to be the best staff I could ever be. And I will make sure I will never be byest, nor rude to a player or staff member no matter gender, race, sexuality, color, or ethnicity.

And ill be honest this sounds quite absurd but. I used to think I knew everything. Well, guess what I found out I didn't. There’s a word for people who think they know everything: Idiot. I would always meet "idiots". And the reason I would always meet them is that I used to be one. I usually never listened to anyone because I always know what's best for me and I always know what's right. Because in my mind, I knew every possible answer to everything. I always wanted to be the "cool guy" the "smart kid" But honestly I didn't achieve any of that. I realized I lost more trying to be someone I wasn't, and it took some time for me to realize that. It took time for me to realize, I have to get rid of my ego and start listening because I couldn't live my life attempting to impress everyone else. Once I started my phase of being a new man I decided to be humble and take every small thing for granted. I learned that If you don't decide to start being humble and stop acting like someone you're not, life will do it for you at some point. Like I said before I'm not perfect so there will be mistakes, I'm not sure what mistakes that there will be, but there will be because everyone makes mistakes.

10) Anything else we should know:

I coach my hockey team 10-13-Year-olds
    I love meeting new people, and I'm very friendly to everyone and I treat everyone with respect. I always treat people how I would like to be treated! I have an addiction to investing in stocks! Also, I love to listen to Lil Tjay!!!!!!

Proof that this is my application

#1 Eon, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  2. MajorBigMac

MajorBigMac Member
    Staff Member Helper

Hey there! Your application is great, but it can be improved upon.
    Here are some tips on what you can do to improve it;
    - Fix some common grammar mistakes (Capitalization, Punctuation)
    - Add some more details to question 8. (Dates, Responsibilities)
    - Remove the '/user103984377/download' part of the vimeo link (The one that you pasted does not work.)
    - Remove the poll.
    You can edit your current application, no need to make a new post.

3. Eon

Eon New Member

Thank you for your feedback. Means a lot. I took your criticism into consideration and did what you suggested. Once again thank you very much.

4. Puffin

Puffin New Member

Looks great eon

5. Crqma

Crqma New Member
    Staff Member Helper

+1 Fabulous! This is so great and you took many effort for this staff application! I’m sure you’ll be in the staff application soon. Good luck! :)

6. Eon

Eon New Member

Thank you so much! Apreciate it as always.

Crqma likes this.
  7. MoonSponge

MoonSponge New Member
    Staff Member Helper

Hey! I am loving your application!
    There are still a few minor grammar mistakes - but that's just me being picky, nothing to be worried about.
    Keeping calm is definitely necessary for this role as it is not as easy as it seems - I've known many people who have said to me "Reading chat is nothing", the chat is actually one of the main reasons that people start to dislike everything, leading to further rule breakings, as it would then lead to someone hating another person with them taking further actions to show their hatred. So keeping the chat non-toxic is a major aspect to the staff team.

Good luck!
    Moon